Sunday, August 12, 2012

Hall Passes!

So I couldn't resist the urge to get a little crafty this summer when I saw pics of hand made hall passes over on Mrs. Lemons page! They hadn't finished the floors in our building yet so I think it was "soothing" that I was still making something for school!

I just went to Wal Mart and bought good ol' craft paint for about a buck a piece! The wood shapes were there in the craft section next to the paint and they cost about 2 or 3 dollars each. The ribbon was also a Wal Mart steal--> about $3 for the spool! Before I attached the ribbon, I used a polyeurethane glossy spray to make it all shiny (and to keep any thing from taking off the paint!) I ABSOLUTELY LOVED the idea of using clothes pins because I cringe when I think about where all the hand held hall passes may be placed in the bathroom (need I say more? >.<) I attached the ribbon using crazy glue! and oila! hall passes that are fun... and FABULOUS!









4 comments:

  1. I am loving these...I am all about hearts!!! They are precious. =)

    I am not sure how I hopped over here but I am now your newest follower and a 1st grade teacher too. =)

    I would love for you to hop over and visit me when you get the chance.

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to tell you to be sure and add a follow button so I CAN follow you. =)

    Go to design at the top of your blog and then layout. Choose add a gadget and the follow button is the 9th choice. =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am officially your 1st follower. I would love for you to come and visit me...I just shared some Thanksgiving *freebies*. =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just saw your sweet comment...thank you! =)

    I am clueless about all things techy...that is about the only thing I know how to do! Lol!

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete